TPS3851-Q1 High-Accuracy Voltage Supervisor with Integrated Watchdog Timer
SBVS286 – March2017
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- Input Voltage Range: VDD = 1.6 V to 6.5 V
- 1% Voltage Threshold Accuracy
- Low Supply Current: IDD = 10 µA (typ)
- User-Programmable Watchdog Timeout
- Factory Programmed Precision Watchdog and Reset Timers:
- ±15% Accurate WDT and RST Delays
- Open-Drain Outputs
- Precision Undervoltage Monitoring:
- Supports Common Rails from 1.8 V to 5.0 V
- 4% and 7% Undervoltage Thresholds Available
- 0.5% Hysteresis
- Watchdog Disable Feature
- Available in a Small 3-mm × 3-mm, 8-Pin VSON Package
- Safety Critical Applications
- Automotive Vision Systems
- Automotive ADAS Systems
- Telematics Control Units
- FPGAs and ASICs
- Microcontrollers and DSPs
The TPS3851-Q1 device combines a precision voltage supervisor with a programmable watchdog timer. The TPS3851-Q1 comparator achieves a 0.8% accuracy (–40°C to +125°C) for the undervoltage (VITN) threshold. The TPS3851-Q1 also includes accurate hysteresis on the undervoltage threshold making the device ideal for use with tight tolerance systems. The supervisor RESET delay features a 15% accuracy, high-precision delay timing.
The TPS3851-Q1 includes a programmable watchdog timer for a wide variety of applications. The dedicated watchdog output (WDO) enables increased resolution to help determine the nature of fault conditions. The watchdog timeouts can be programmed either by an external capacitor, or by factory-programmed default delay settings. The watchdog can be disabled via logic pins to avoid undesired watchdog timeouts during the development process.
The TPS3851-Q1 is available in a small 3.00-mm × 3.00-mm, 8-pin VSON package. The TPS3851-Q1 features wettable flanks that allow for easy optical inspection.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS3851-Q1||VSON (8)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Circuit
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback