TPS54308 4.5-V to 28-V Input, 3-A Output, Synchronous 350-kHz FCCM Step-Down Converter in SOT23 Package
SLUSCV2 – June2017
- 4.5-V to 28-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Integrated 85-mΩ and 40-mΩ MOSFETs for 3-A, Continuous Output Current
- Low 2-μA Shutdown, 300-μA Quiescent Current
- Internal 5-mS Soft-Start
- Fixed 350-kHz Switching Frequency
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Overcurrent Protection for Both MOSFETs with Hiccup Mode Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- SOT-23 (6) Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS54308 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- 12-V, 24-V Distributed Power-Bus Supply
- Industry Application
- White Goods
- Consumer Application
- STB, DTV
The TPS54308 is a 4.5-V to 28-V input voltage range, 3-A synchronous buck converter. The device includes two integrated switching FETs, internal loop compensation and 5-ms internal soft start to reduce component count.
By integrating the MOSFETs and employing the SOT-23 package, the TPS54308 achieves the high power density and offers a small footprint on the PCB.
The TPS54308 operates in force continous conduction mode (FCCM) during light load conditions, the switching frequency is maintained at an almost constant level over entire load range.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit in both high-side MOSFET protects the converter in an overload condition and is enhanced by a low-side MOSFET freewheeling current limit which prevents current runaway. Hiccup mode protection is triggered if the overcurrent condition has persisted for longer than the present time.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS54308||SOT-23(6)||1.60 mm × 2.90 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Efficiency vs Output Current
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback