TPS56120x 4.5-V to 17-V Input, 1-A Synchronous Step-Down Voltage Regulator in 6-Pin SOT-23
SLVSC95 – April2017
- TPS561201 and TPS561208 1-A Converter Integrated 140-mΩ and 84-mΩ FETs
- D-CAP2™ Mode Control With Fast Transient Response
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 17 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 7 V
- Pulse-Skip Mode (TPS561201) or Continuous Current Mode (TPS561208)
- 580-kHz Switching Frequency
- Low Shutdown Current Less than 10 µA
- 2% Feedback Voltage Accuracy (25°C)
- Startup from Pre-Biased Output Voltage
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Limit
- Hiccup-Mode Overcurrent Protection
- Non-Latch UVP and TSD Protections
- Fixed Soft-Start: 1.0 ms
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS56120x With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- Digital TV Power Supply
- High Definition Blu-ray™ Disc Players
- Networking Home Terminal
- Digital Set-Top Box (STB)
The TPS561201 and TPS561208 are simple, easy-to-use, 1-A synchronous step-down converters in SOT-23 package.
The devices are optimized to operate with minimum external component counts and also optimized to achieve low standby current.
These switch mode power supply (SMPS) devices employ D-CAP2 mode control providing a fast transient response and supporting both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors such as specialty polymer and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors with no external compensation components.
The TPS561201 operates in pulse skip mode, which maintains high efficiency during light load operation. The TPS561201 and TPS561208 are available in a 6-pin 1.6 × 2.9 (mm) SOT (DDC) package and specified from –40°C to 125°C of junction temperature.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|SOT (6)||1.60 mm × 2.90 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback