TPS61253A 3.8-MHz, 5-V / 4-A Boost Converter in 1.2-mm x 1.3-mm WCSP
SLVSDE4 – March2017
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed Output Voltage: 4.5 / 4.7 / 5.0 / 5.2 V
- Two FETs Integrated: 35-mΩ LS-FET,
- IOUT ≥ 1500mA continuously at VOUT = 5 V and
VIN ≥ 3 V
- 42-µA Quiescent Current from Input
- 4-A Switching Valley Current Limit
- 3.8-MHz Switching Frequency
- Selectable Auto PFM, Forced PWM and Ultrasonic Mode
- Support Pass-Through Mode
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 600-µs Soft-Start Time
- Hiccup-Mode Short Protection
- Load Disconnection during Shutdown
- Thermal Shutdown
- Total Solution Size < 25 mm2
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61253A With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- Smart Phones
- Portable Speaker
- USB Charging Ports
- NFC PA Supply
- Li Battery to 5-V Power Conversion
The TPS6125xA device provides a power supply solution for battery-powered portable applications. With the input voltage ranging from 2.3 V to 5.5 V, the device supports the applications powered by the Li-Ion batteries with the extended voltage range. Different fixed output voltage versions are available of 4.5 V, 4.7 V, 5 V and 5.2 V. The TPS6125xA supports up to 1500-mA load current from a battery discharged as low as 3 V.
The TPS6125xA operates at typical 3.8-MHz switching frequency. The TPS6125xA could be flexibly configured at the Auto PFM mode, forced PWM mode or ultrasonic mode. The Auto PFM mode could benefit with the high efficiency at the light load. The forced PWM operation can make the switching frequency be constant crossing the whole load range. The ultrasonic mode keeps the switching frequency always larger than 25 kHz at any load condition to avoid the acoustic noise.
TPS6125xA has a built-in 600-µs soft start to avoid the inrush current at startup. When the output is shorted, the device enters into the hiccup mode and recovers automatically after the short releases. During the shutdown, the load is completely disconnected from the input end with maximum 1.3-uA current being consumed.
The TPS6125xA comes in a 9-ball 1.2-mm x 1.3-mm WCSP package and offers a very small solution size with the minimum amount of external components.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS6125xA||DSBGA (9)||1.2 mm x 1.3 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback