TPS7A85A 4-A, High-Accuracy (0.75%), Low-Noise (4.4 μVRMS), LDO Regulator
SBVS313 – June2017
- Low Dropout: 150 mV (Typical) at 4 A
- 0.75% (Maximum) Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature With BIAS
- Output Voltage Noise:
- 4.4 μVRMS at 0.8-V Output
- 7.7 μVRMS at 5.1-V Output
- Input Voltage Range:
- Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- With BIAS: 1.1 V to 6.5 V
- ANY-OUT™ Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.95 V
- Adjustable Operation:
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 5.1 V
- Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
- 40 dB at 500 kHz
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Adjustable Soft-Start In-Rush Control
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
- Stable with a 47-μF or Larger Ceramic Output Capacitor
- θJC = 3.4°C/W
- 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm, 20-Pin VQFN
- Digital Loads: SerDes, FPGAs, and DSPs
- Instrumentation, Medical, and Audio
- High-Speed Analog Circuits:
- VCO, ADC, DAC, and LVDS
- Imaging: CMOS Sensors and Video ASICs
- Test and Measurement
The TPS7A85A is a low-noise (4.4 μVRMS), low dropout linear regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing 4 A with only 240 mV of maximum dropout. The device output voltage is pin-programmable from 0.8 V to 3.95 V and adjustable from 0.8 V to 5.1 V using an external resistor divider.
The combination of low-noise (4.4 μVRMS), high- PSRR, and high output current capability makes the TPS7A85A ideal to power noise-sensitive components such as those found in high-speed communications, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. The high performance of the TPS7A85A limits power-supply-generated phase noise and clock jitter, making this device ideal for powering high-performance serializer and deserializer (SerDes), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and RF components. Specifically, RF amplifiers benefit from the high-performance and 5.1-V output capability of the device.
For digital loads (such as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital signal processors (DSPs)) requiring low-input voltage, low-output (LILO) voltage operation, the exceptional accuracy (0.75% over load and temperature), remote sensing, excellent transient performance, and soft-start capabilities of the TPS7A85A ensure optimal system performance.
The versatility of the TPS7A8500A makes the device a component of choice for many demanding applications.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS7A85A||VQFN (20)||3.50 mm × 3.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Powering RF Components
Powering Digital Loads
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback