ADS7056 Ultra-Low Power, Ultra-Small Size, 14-Bit, High-Speed SAR ADC
SBAS769 – March2017
- 2.5-MSPS Throughput
- Ultra-Small Size SAR ADC:
- X2QFN-8 Package with 2.25-mm2 Footprint
- Wide Operating Range:
- AVDD: 2.35 V to 3.6 V
- DVDD: 1.65 V to 3.6 V (Independent of AVDD)
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Unipolar Input Range: 0 V to AVDD
- Excellent Performance:
- 14-Bit NMC DNL, ±2-LSB INL
- 74.5-dB SINAD at 2-kHz
- 73.7-dB SINAD at 1-MHz
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption:
- 3.5 mW at 2.5-MSPS with 3.3-V AVDD
- 158 µW at 100-kSPS with 3.3-V AVDD
- Integrated Offset Calibration
- SPI-Compatible Serial Interface: 60-MHz
- JESD8-7A Compliant Digital I/O
- Sonar Receivers
- Optical Line Cards and Modules
- Thermal Imaging
- Ultrasonic Flow Meters
- Motor Controls
- Handheld Radios
- Environmental Sensing
- Fire and Smoke Detection
The ADS7056 is a 14-bit, 2.5-MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device includes a capacitor-based, successive-approximation register (SAR) ADC that supports a wide analog input voltage range (0 V to AVDD, for AVDD in the range of 2.35 V to 3.6 V).
The SPI-compatible serial interface is controlled by the CS and SCLK signals. The input signal is sampled with the CS falling edge and SCLK is used for conversion and serial data output. The device supports a wide digital supply range (1.65 V to 3.6 V), enabling direct interfacing to a variety of host controllers. The ADS7056 complies with the JESD8-7A standard for a normal DVDD range (1.65 V to 1.95 V).
The ADS7056 is available in an 8-pin, miniature, X2QFN package and is specified over the extended industrial temperature range (–40°C to +125°C). Miniature form-factor and extremely low-power consumption make this device suitable for space-constrained and battery-powered applications.
|PART NAME||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|ADS7056||X2QFN (8)||1.50 mm × 1.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
NOTE:The ADS7056 is smaller than a 0805 (2012 metric) SMD component.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback