bq2408x-Q1 1-A, Single Chip, Li-Ion and Li-Pol Automotive Charger (Rev. B)
SLUSCB6B – May2015 – revisedJune 2017
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, this document contains PRODUCTION DATA.
- Integrated Power FET and Current Sensor for
Up to 1-A Charge Applications From AC Adapter
- Precharge Conditioning With Safety Timer
- Charge and Power-Good Status Output
- Automatic Sleep Mode for Low Power Consumption
- Integrated Charge-Current Monitor
- Fixed 7-Hour Fast Charge Safety Timer
- Ideal for Low-Dropout Charger Designs for
Single-Cell Li-Ion or Li-Pol Packs in
Space-Limited Portable Applications
- Small 3-mm × 3-mm SON Package
- Linear Chargers for Automotive
- E-Call/ Back Up Call battery
- Automotive Infotainment
- Key FOB in Automotive
The bq24080-Q1 and bq24081-Q1 are highly integrated and flexible Li-Ion linear charge devices targeted at space-limited charger applications. They offer an integrated power FET and current sensor, high-accuracy current and voltage regulation, charge status, and charge termination, in a single monolithic device. An external resistor sets the magnitude of the charge current.
The device charges the battery in three phases: conditioning, constant current, and constant voltage. Charge is terminated based on minimum current. An internal charge timer provides a backup safety for charge termination. The device automatically restarts the charge if the battery voltage falls below an internal threshold. The device automatically enters sleep mode when the ac adapter is removed.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq24080-Q1(2)||VSON (10)||3.00 mm x 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
- Product Preview
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback