The bq2409x series of devices are highly integrated Li-ion and Li-Pol linear chargers devices targeted at space-limited portable applications. The devices operate from either a USB port or AC adapter. The high input voltage range with input overvoltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters.
The bq2409x has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery as long as the average system load does not keep the battery from charging fully during the 10-hour safety timer.
The battery is charged in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. In all charge phases, an internal control loop monitors the IC junction temperature and reduces the charge current if an internal temperature threshold is exceeded.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq2409x||HVSSOP (10)||3.00 mm x 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
4 Revision History
Changes from F Revision (December 2014) to G Revision
- Changed bq24095 VO(REG) value From: 4.20 V To: 4.35 V in the Device Options table Go
Changes from E Revision (September 2013) to F Revision
- Added ESD Ratings table, Feature Description section, Device Functional Modes, Application and Implementation section, Power Supply Recommendations section, Layout section, Device and Documentation Support section, and Mechanical, Packaging, and Orderable Information sectionGo
Changes from D Revision (December 2012) to E Revision
- Deleted the MARKING column from the ORDERING INFORMATION table, and added table note 1.Go
Changes from C Revision (May 2012) to D Revision
- Added bq24095 to the ORDERING INFORMATION tableGo
- Changed bq24090/2 to bq24090/2/5 for TS pin description in Pin Functions table.Go
- Changed the KISET entry in the Elect Characteristics tableGo
- Deleted " Line Regulation" typical characteristics graph Go
- Changed "Current Regulation Over Temperature" graph to "Load Regulation - bq24095" graphGo
Changes from B Revision (June 2010) to C Revision
- Changed all instances of Li-ion To: Li-ion and Li-PolGo
Changes from A Revision (February 2010) to B Revision
- Changed the device number on the front page circuit From: bq24090 To: bq2409x Go
- Changed the ORDERING INFORMATION table Marking column From: Product Preview To: bq24092 and bq24093Go
Changes from * Revision (January 2010) to A Revision
- Changed VDO(IN-OUT), MAX value From: 500 mV To: 520 mV in the Elect Characteristics table Go
- Changed IPRE-TERM MAX value From: 79 µA to 81µA in the Elect Characteristics tableGo
- Changed VCLAMP(TS) MIN value From: 1900 mV to 1800 mV in the Elect Characteristics tableGo