bq2510x 250-mA Single Cell Li-Ion Battery Chargers, 1-mA Termination, 75-nA Battery Leakage (Rev. C)
SLUSBV8C – August2014 – revisedNovember 2014
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, this document contains PRODUCTION DATA.
- 1% Charge Voltage Accuracy
- 10% Charge Current Accuracy
- Supports Applications for Very Low Charge Currents - 10 mA to 250 mA
- Supports minimum 1-mA Charge Termination Current
- Ultra Low Battery Output Leakage Current - Maximum 75 nA
- Adjustable Termination and Precharge Threshold
- High voltage Chemistry Support: 4.35 V with bq25100H/01H, 4.30 V with bq25100A
- 30-V Input Rating; with 6.5-V Input Overvoltage Protection
- Input Voltage Dynamic Power Management
- 125°C Thermal Regulation; 150°C Thermal Shutdown Protection
- OUT Short-Circuit Protection and ISET Short Detection
- Operation over JEITA Range via Battery NTC – 1/2 Fast-Charge-Current at Cold, 4.06 V (bq25100/01) or 4.2 V (bq25100H/01H) at Hot
- Fixed 10 Hour Safety Timer
- Automatic Termination and Timer Disable Mode (TTDM) for Absent Battery Pack
- Available in Small 1.60 mm × 0.90 mm DSBGA Package
- Fitness Accessories
- Smart Watches
- Bluetooth® Headsets
- Low-Power Handheld Devices
The bq2510x series of devices are highly integrated Li-Ion and Li-Pol linear chargers targeted at space-limited portable applications. The high input voltage range with input overvoltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters.
The bq2510x has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery as long as the average system load does not keep the battery from charging fully during the 10 hour safety timer.
The battery is charged in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. In all charge phases, an internal control loop monitors the IC junction temperature and reduces the charge current if an internal temperature threshold is exceeded.
The charger power stage and charge current sense functions are fully integrated. The charger function has high accuracy current and voltage regulation loops and charge termination. The pre-charge current and termination current threshold are programmed via an external resistor on the bq2510x. The fast charge current value is also programmable via an external resistor.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq25100||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
|bq25101||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
|bq25100A||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
|bq25100H||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
|bq25101H||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
|bq25100L(2)||DSBGA (6)||1.60 mm × 0.90 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
- Product preview. Contact the local TI representative for device details.
4 Revision History
Changes from B Revision (October 2014) to C Revision
- Changed data sheet title Go
- Deleted product preview note from bq25101H in Device Information TableGo
- Deleted product preview note from bq25101H in Device Comparison Table Go
Changes from A Revision (September 2014) to B Revision
- Deleted product preview note from bq25101 and bq25100H in Device Information TableGo
- Deleted product preview note from bq25101 and bq25100H in Device Comparison Table Go
Changes from * Revision (August 2014) to A Revision
- Release to ProductionGo
Copyright© 2014, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback