bq27426 System-Side Impedance Track™ Fuel Gauge (Rev. D)
SLUSC91D – October2015 – revisedMay 2016
- Single-Cell Li-Ion Battery Fuel Gauge
- Resides on System Board
- Supports Embedded or Removable Batteries
- Powers Directly from the Battery with Integrated LDO
- Supports a Low-Value External Sense Resistor (10 mΩ)
- Ultra Low Power Consumption in NORMAL (50 µA) and SLEEP (9 µA) Modes
- Battery Fuel Gauging Based on Patented Impedance Track™ Technology
- Provides Three Selectable Pre-Programmed Profiles for 4.2-V, 4.35-V, and 4.4-V Cells
- Reports Remaining Capacity and State-of-Charge (SOC) with Smoothing Filter
- Adjusts Automatically for Battery Aging, Self-Discharge, Temperature, and Rate Changes
- Estimates Battery State-of-Health (Aging)
- Microcontroller Peripheral Interface Supports:
- 400-kHz I2C™ Serial Interface
- Configurable SOC Interrupt or
Battery Low Digital Output Warning
- Internal Temperature Sensor OR Host Reported Temperature OR External Thermistor
- Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
- Building Automation
- Portable Medical/Industrial Handsets
- Portable Audio
The Texas Instruments bq27426 battery fuel gauge is a single-cell gauge that requires minimal user-configuration and system microcontroller firmware development, leading to quick system bring-up.
Three chemistry profiles are pre-programmed to enable minimum user-configuration, and to help manage customer inventory across projects with different battery chemistries. The bq27426 battery fuel gauge has very low sleep power consumption leading to longer battery run time. Configurable interrupts help save system power and free up the host from continuous polling. Accurate temperature sensing is supported via an external thermistor.
The bq27426 battery fuel gauge uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), and battery voltage (mV).
Battery fuel gauging with the bq27426 fuel gauge requires connections only to PACK+ (P+) and PACK– (P–) for a removable battery pack or embedded battery circuit. The tiny, 9-ball, 1.62 mm x 1.58 mm, 0.5 mm pitch NanoFree™ chip scale package (DSBGA) is ideal for space-constrained applications.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq27426||YZF (9)||1.62 mm x 1.58 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
4 Revision History
Changes from C Revision (February 2016) to D Revision
Changes from B Revision (February 2016) to C Revision
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback