bq27546-G1 Single-Cell Li-Ion Battery Fuel Gauge for Battery Pack Integration (Rev. A)
SLUSC53A – May2015 – revisedDecember 2015
- Battery Fuel Gauge for 1-Series (1sXp) Li-Ion Applications up to 14,500-mAh Capacity
- Microcontroller Peripheral Provides:
- Internal or External Temperature Sensor for Battery Temperature Reporting
- SHA-1/HMAC Authentication
- Lifetime Data Logging
- 64 Bytes of Non-Volatile Scratch Pad FLASH
- Battery Fuel Gauging Based on Patented Impedance Track™ Technology
- Models Battery Discharge Curve for Accurate Time-To-Empty Predictions
- Automatically Adjusts for Battery Aging, Battery Self-Discharge, and Temperature/Rate Inefficiencies
- Low-Value Sense Resistor (5 mΩ to 20 mΩ)
- Advanced Fuel Gauging Features
- Internal Short Detection
- Tab Disconnection Detection
- HDQ and I2C™ Interface Formats for Communication with Host System
- Small 15-Ball Nano-Free™ (DSBGA) Packaging
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Handheld Terminals
- MP3 or Multimedia Players
The bq27546-G1 Li-Ion battery fuel gauge is a microcontroller peripheral that provides fuel gauging for single-cell Li-Ion battery packs. The device requires minimal system microcontroller firmware development for accurate battery fuel gauging. The bq27546-G1 resides within the battery pack or on the system’s main-board with an embedded battery (non-removable).
The bq27546-G1 uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), run-time to empty (min.), battery voltage (mV), and temperature (°C). It also provides detections for internal short or tab disconnection events.
The bq27546-G1 features integrated support for secure battery pack authentication, using the SHA-1/HMAC authentication algorithm.
The device comes in a 15-ball Nano-Free™ DSBGA package (2.61 mm × 1.96 mm) that is ideal for space-constrained applications.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq27546-G1||YZF (15)||2.61 mm × 1.96 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
4 Simplified Schematic
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback