bq27621-G1 System-Side Fuel Gauge With Dynamic Voltage Correlation (Rev. E)
SLUSBB3E – December2013 – revisedJanuary 2016
- Single-Cell Li-Ion Battery Fuel Gauge
- Resides on System Board
- Supports Embedded or Removable Batteries
- Powered Directly from Battery with Integrated LDO
- Easy To Configure Fuel Gauging Based on the Dynamic Voltage Correlation Algorithm
- Reports Remaining Capacity and State of Charge (SOC) with Smoothing Filter
- Automatically Adjusts for Self-Discharge, Temperature, and Rate Changes
- Microcontroller Peripheral Supports:
- 400-kHz I2C Serial Interface
- Configurable SOC Interrupt or
Battery Low Digital Output Warning
- Internal Temperature Sensor or
Host Reported Temperature
- Support 4.2-V, 4.3-V, and 4.35-V Chemistries
- 9-pin 1.62 × 1.58 mm, 0.5 mm pitch YZF package
- Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Handheld Terminals
- MP3 or Multimedia Players
The Texas Instruments bq27621-G1 is a minimally configured microcontroller peripheral that provides system-side fuel gauging for single-cell Li-Ion batteries. The device requires very little user configuration and system microcontroller firmware development.
The bq27621-G1 uses the Dynamic Voltage Correlation algorithm for fuel gauging. This process eliminates the need for a sense resistor when calculating remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), battery voltage (mV), and temperature (°C).
Battery fuel gauging with the bq27621-G1 requires connections only to PACK+ (P+) and PACK– (P–) for a removable battery pack or embedded battery circuit. The tiny 9-pin, 1.62 mm × 1.58 mm, 0.5 mm pitch YZF package is ideal for space-constrained applications.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|BQ27621-G1||YZF (9)||1.62 mm × 1.58 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback