bq29209-Q1 Voltage Protection with Automatic Cell Balance for 2-Series Cell Li-Ion Batteries (Rev. A)
SLUSC62A – June2015 – revisedMarch 2016
- 2-Series Cell Secondary Protection
- Automatic Cell Imbalance Correction with External Enable Control
- ±30-mV Enable, 0-mV Disable Thresholds Typical
- External Capacitor-Controlled Delay Timer
- External Resistor-Controlled Cell Balance Current
- Low Power Consumption ICC < 3 µA Typical (VCELL(ALL) < VPROTECT)
- Internal Cell Balancing Handles Current
up to 15 mA
- External Cell Balancing Mode Supported
- High-Accuracy Overvoltage Protection:
- ±25 mV with TA = 0°C to 60°C
- Fixed Overvoltage Protection Threshold:
- Small 8L DRB Package
- Automotive-Qualified AEC Q100 Grade Two
- 2nd Level Protection in Li-Ion Battery Packs
- Emergency Call (eCall)
- Netbook Computers
- Power Tools
- Portable Equipment and Instrumentation
- Battery Backup Systems
The bq29209-Q1 device is a secondary overvoltage protection IC for 2-series cell lithium-ion battery packs that incorporates a high-accuracy precision overvoltage detection circuit and automatic cell imbalance correction.
The voltage of each cell in a 2-series cell battery pack is compared to a factory programmed internal reference voltage. If either cell reaches an overvoltage condition, the OUT pin changes from low to high state.
The bq29209-Q1 can perform automatic voltage-based cell imbalance correction. Balancing can start when the cell voltages are different by nominally 30 mV or more and stops when the difference is nominally 0 mV. Cell balancing is enabled and disabled by the CB_EN pin.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq29209-Q1||VSON (8)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback