Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND)
The device has the SAME FUNCTIONALITY as the compared device, but is not pin-for-pin equivalent and may not be parametrically equivalent.
TI does not recommend using this part in a new design. This product continues to be in production to support existing customers.
The Texas Instruments bq34z100 is a fuel gauge solution that works independently of battery series-cell configurations, and supports a wide range of Li-Ion and LiFePO4 battery chemistries. Batteries from 3 V to 65 V can be supported through an external voltage translation circuit that can be controlled automatically to reduce system power consumption.
The bq34z100 device provides several interface options, including an I2C slave, an HDQ slave, one or four direct LEDs, and an Alert output pin. Additionally, the bq34z100 provides support for an external port expander for more than four LEDs.
- Supports Li-Ion and LiFePO4 Chemistries
- Capacity Estimation Using Patented Impedance Track Technology
for Batteries from 3 V to 65 V
- Aging Compensation
- Self-Discharge Compensation
- Supports Battery Capacities Above 65 Ahr
- Supports Charge and Discharge Currents Above 32 A
- External NTC Thermistor Support
- Supports Two-Wire I2C and HDQ Single-Wire Communication
Interfaces with Host System
- SHA-1/HMAC Authentication
- One- or Four-LED Direct Display Control
- Five-LED and Higher Display Through Port Expander
- Reduced Power Modes (Typical Battery Pack Operating Range Conditions)
- Normal Operation: < 140 µA Average
- Sleep: < 64 µA Average
- Full Sleep: < 19 µA Average
- Package: 14-Pin TSSOP
Related end equipment
- Light Electric Vehicles
- Power Tools
- Medical Instrumentation
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Mobile Radios
Impedance Track is a trademark of Texas Instruments.