bq500212A Low System Cost, Wireless Power Controller for WPC TX A5 or A11 (Rev. D)
SLUSBD6D – July2013 – revisedJuly 2016
- Proven, Qi-Certified Value Solution for Transmit-Side Application
- Lowest Device Count for Full WPC1.1 5-V Solution
- 5-V Operation Conforms to Wireless Power Consortium (WPC1.1) Type A5 or A11 Transmitter Specification
- Fully WPC Compliant, Including Improved Foreign Object Detection (FOD) Method
- Permits X7R Type Resonant Capacitors for Reduced Cost
- Dynamic Power Limiting™ for USB and Limited Source Operation
- Digital Demodulation Reduces Components
- LED Indication of Charging State and Fault Status
- Low Standby and High Efficiency
- Wireless Power Consortium (WPC1.1) Compliant Wireless Chargers for:
- Qi-Certified Smart Phones and Other Handhelds
- Car and Other Vehicle Accessories
- See www.ti.com/wirelesspower for more information on TI's Wireless Charging Solutions
The bq500212A is a Qi-certified value solution that integrates all functions required to control wireless power delivery to a single WPC1.1 compliant receiver. It is WPC1.1 compliant and designed for 5-V systems as a wireless power consortium type A5 or A11 transmitter. The bq500212A pings the surrounding environment for WPC compliant devices to be powered, safely engages the device, receives packet communication from the powered device and manages the power transfer according to WPC1.1 specification. To maximize flexibility in wireless power control applications, Dynamic Power Limiting (DPL) is featured on the bq500212A. Dynamic Power Limiting enhances user experience by seamlessly optimizing the usage of power available from limited input supplies.
The bq500212A supports both foreign object detection (FOD) and enhanced parasitic metal object detection (PMOD) for legacy product by continuously monitoring the efficiency of the established power transfer, protecting from power loss due to metal objects misplaced in the wireless power transfer field. The bq500212A handles any abnormal condition development during power transfer and provides indicator outputs. Comprehensive status and fault monitoring features enable a low cost yet robust, Qi-certified wireless power system design.
The bq500212A is available in a 48-pin, 7‑mm × 7‑mm VQFN package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq500212A||VQFN (48)||7.00 mm × 7.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Efficiency vs System Output Power
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback