bq500511 Low Cost 5-V Wireless Power Transmitter Controller for WPC v1.2 A11 Transmitters (Rev. A)
SLUSCD3A – August2015 – revisedOctober 2015
- Digital Controller Compatible with Wireless Power Consortium v1.2 A11 Specification
- Designed to be Used with bq50002 Analog Front End
- Suitable for WPC and Proprietary 5-V Wireless Power Transmitters
- Supports Received Power up to 5 W
- Two Chip Solution Enables High Efficiency Transmitter Designs of >75%
- Ultra Low Standby Power, Even During Digital Ping (<30 mW)
- Dynamic Power Limiting (DPL)™ Enables Operation from Inputs Sources with Limited Power
- System LED Indication of Charging State and Fault Status
- Accurate Foreign Object Detection Method (FOD) Prevents Heating of Objects Between Transmitter and Receiver Coils
- WPC Compliant Wireless Chargers for Smart Phones and Wearable Applications
- Proprietary Wireless Chargers
- Medical and Industrial Applications
- Car and Other Vehicle Accessories
- See www.ti.com/wirelesspower for More Information on TI’s Wireless Power Solutions
The bq500511 is a wireless power transmitter controller that, when combined with the bq50002 analog front end device, integrates all functions required to create a Qi-compliant or proprietary 5-V transmitter. The bq500511 and bq50002 together provide a compact wireless charger solution. The bq500511 pings the surrounding environment for the receiver devices to be powered, safely engages the device, receives packet communication from the powered device and manages the power transfer according to WPC v1.2 specification.
To maximize flexibility in wireless power control applications, Dynamic Power Limiting™ (DPL) is featured on the bq500511. DPL enhances user experience by seamlessly optimizing the usage of power available from limited input supplies.
The system supports Foreign Object Detection (FOD) by continuously monitoring the efficiency of the established power transfer, protecting from power lost due to metal objects misplaced in the wireless power transfer field. Should any abnormal condition develop during power transfer, the bq500511 handles the condition and provides indication outputs. Comprehensive status and fault monitoring features enable a low cost yet robust Qi-certified wireless power system design.
The bq500511 is available in a thermally enhanced 6 mm x 6 mm, 40-pin VQFN package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq500511||VQFN (40)||6.00 mm x 6.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback