bq76PL455A-Q1 16-Cell EV/HEV Integrated Battery Monitor and Protector (Rev. C)
SLUSC51C – April2015 – revisedNovember 2016
- Monitors and Balances 6-to-16 Cells per Device
- Highly Accurate Monitoring
- Integrated Protector With Separate Vref for Overvoltage (OV) and Undervoltage (UV) Comparators and Programmable VCELL Set Points
- Engineered for High System Robustness
- Passive Balancing with External n-FETs and Active Balancing with EMB1428Q/EMB1499Q
- Can Help Customers Meet Functional Safety Standard Requirements (For Example, ISO26262)
- Built-in Self-Tests to Validate Defined Internal Functions
- Support for Open Wire Detection
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 2: –40°C to 105°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C3
The bq76PL455A-Q1 device is an integrated 16-cell battery monitoring and protection device, designed for high-reliability automotive applications. The integrated high-speed, differential, capacitor-isolated communications interface allows up to sixteen bq76PL455A-Q1 devices to communicate with a host via a single high-speed Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) interface.
The bq76PL455A-Q1 monitors and detects several different fault conditions, including: overvoltage, undervoltage, overtemperature, and communication faults. Six GPIO ports as well as eight analog AUX ADC inputs are included for additional monitoring and programmable functionality. A secondary thermal shutdown is included for further protection.
The bq76PL455A-Q1 has features that customers may find useful to help them meet functional safety standard requirements. See Safety Manual for bq76PL455A-Q1 (SLUUB67).
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq76PL455A-Q1||TQFP (80)||12.00 mm × 12.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback