- Capacitive Touch BoosterPack (430BOOST-SENSE1) for the LaunchPad User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 3954 KB)
30 Apr 2013 4,339views
The Capacitive Touch BoosterPack (430BOOST-SENSE1) is a plug in board for the MSP430 Value Line LaunchPad development kit (MSP-EXP430G2). This BoosterPack features several capacitive touch elements including a scroll wheel, button and proximity sensor. Also, on- board are 9 LEDs that provide instant feedback as users interact with the capacitive touch elements. In addition, a timer-based UART enables communication to a PC for feedback via GUI or hyperterminal. This BoosterPack also includes a pre-programmed MSP430G2452IN20 Value Line device.
When paired with the LaunchPad kit, the Capacitive Touch BoosterPack provides a complete hardware and software reference design to enable developers to quickly and easily replace any physical button with a capacitive touch element. This is the simplest, most cost effective solution for adding capacitive touch differentiation in many applications such as consumer electronics, point of sales machines and other devices with a physical button.
For demo source code, GUI, and Design documentation, click here.
- Capacitive Touch BoosterPack plug in board w/ female headers [Note: Picture shows Capacitive Touch BoosterPack plugged into LaunchPad. LaunchPad is sold separately.]
- MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad kit sold separately
- MSP430G2452IN20 device that is pre-loaded with demo code
- Quick Start Guide
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- Capacitive touch elements including scroll wheel, button and proximity sensor
- 9 on-board LEDs for instant feedback
- Timer-based UART communication enables interface to PC
- Open source graphical user interface (GUI) available
- Includes a pre-programmed MSP430G2452IN20 with demo application
- Fully supported by the MSP430 Capacitive Touch Sense Library