ADC12D1800RF 12-bit, dual 1.8GSPS or single 3.6GSPS, RF-sampling ADC reference board ADC12D1800RFRB (ACTIVE)
- 12-Bit, Dual 1.6/1.8 GSPS or Single 3.2/3.6 GSPS A/D Converter Ref Bd User Guide
(PDF 7767 KB)
25 Jan 2012
The ADC12D1800RF is the latest advance in TI's Ultra-High-Speed ADC family. This low-power, high-performance CMOS analog-to-digital converter digitizes signals at 12-bit resolution for dual channels at sampling rates of up to 1.0/1.6/1.8 GSPS (Non-Interleave Mode) or for a single channel up to 2.0/3.2/3.6 GSPS (Interleave Mode). The ADC12D1800RF achieves excellent accuracy and dynamic performance while dissipating lowest power in class.
The ADC12D1800RF Reference Board (ADC12D1800RFRB) is designed to assist in the evaluation of the ADC in a system, as well as serve as a reference design for the customer's system. All that are required, in addition to the Reference Board kit, in order to use it are a PC and a signal generator for the analog input. A bandpass or lowpass filter for the analog input is also strongly recommended. Note that a Reference Board is available for the ADC12D1600/1800RF, but not the ADC12D1000RF; to evaluate the ADC12D1000RF, the ADC12D1600RFRB can be operated using an external 1GHz sampling clock signal generator.
This platform can be evaluated and controlled via WaveVision5 software, which has been developed for use with it. The on-board FPGA captures data from the ADC and transfers it to the PC via the USB connection. Data may be viewed in the time domain, frequency domain, or as a histogram. The ADC12D1800RF control registers, which offer additional mode selection and features, may also be accessed via the WaveVision5 interface.
The features of this board are designed to allow for maximum flexibility and convenience. The analog input may be configured for AC- or DC-coupling and two balun boards of different frequency ranges are provided to achieve single-ended to differential conversion from a signal source. TI's on-board LMX2531 provides a sampling clock at 1.6/1.8GHz. Alternately, an external clock at a different frequency may be used for the sampling clock. A 7.5V brick supply provides power to the board and the power supply section, which regulates this supply down to the various required voltages, serves as a model for a customer system. See the User's Guide for a complete description of features.
New Reference Board features include an FMC connector Expansion Header to enable streaming data applications, easy-to-use AutoSync SMA I/O, and updated status LED's.
- Configurable to either 2.0/3.2/3.6 GSPS interleaved or 1.0/1.6/1.8 GSPS dual ADC
- Pin-compatible with ADC10D1500/1000, ADC12D1800/1600/1000
- Internally terminated, buffered, differential analog inputs
- Interleaved timing automatic and manual skew adjust
- Test patterns at output for system debug
- Programmable 15-bit gain and 12-bit plus sign offset
- Programmable tAD adjust feature
- 1:1 non-demuxed or 1:2 demuxed LVDS outputs
- AutoSync feature for multi-chip systems
- Single 1.9V 0.1V power supply
- ADC12D1800RF Reference Board
- Harware kit which includes:
- USB cable
- 7.5V supply and cable
- (2) TI balun board
- (4) 6? SMA cables
- (4) DC blocks
- (2) 50 ohm plugs
- Documentation which includes:
- WaveVision5 install files
- ADC12D1x00RFRB User's Guide
- Performance plots
- Bill of Materials
- FPGA source code