ADS8028 Performance Demonstration Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- ADS8028EVM-PDK User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1734 KB)
21 Jul 2012
The ADS8028EVM-PDK is designed to evaluate the ADS8028. The ADS8028 is a 12-bit, 8-channel muxed, successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC), with a maximum throughput rate of 1 MSPS. The ADS8028 also offers an internal 2.5V voltage reference and internal temperature sensor with 0.25°C resolution. The ADS8028EVM allows access to every pin of the converter and makes it easy to connect the ADS8028 SPI-compatible serial interface to any host microprocessor or TI DSP based system with 1.8V, 3.3V, or 5V logic capability. The ADS8028EVM-PDK combines the ADS8028EVM with the DSP-based MMB0 motherboard and ADCPro™ evaluation software for the complete evaluation of the ADS8028 device.
- Easy-to-use ADCPro™ evaluation software for Microsoft Windows™ operating systems
- Built-in analysis tools for ADCPro™, including scope, FFT, and histogram displays
- Simple device operation with full control of single 16-bit control register
- Data collection to text files
- 1.8V, 3.3V, or 5V logic compatible with 16-bit 20MHz SPI Interface
- Contains all support circuitry needed for the ADS8028
- Voltage reference options: ADS8028 (2.5V) internal reference, on-board REF5025 (2.5V) reference, or external reference
- Two on-board OPA836 (205 MHz unity gain bandwidth / 1mA quiescent current) ADC input drivers
- Power supplied by MMB0 motherboard
- Compatible with the TI Modular EVM System