AWR1642 obstacle detection sensor with wide field-of-view (FOV) antenna evaluation module
- AWR1642 Obstacle Detection Sensor (AWR1642BOOST-ODS) User's Guide
(PDF 3016 KB)
22 Mar 2018
AWR1642BOOST-ODS is an easy-to-use evaluation board for the AWR1642 single-chip mmWave sensor with integrated DSP and MCU. The evaluation board comes with a patch-antenna structure that provides wide field of view (FOV) in both azimuth and elevation planes, and is suited for automotive applications where detection of objects is needed in near-range 3D space.
AWR1642BOOST-ODS contains everything required to start developing software for C67x DSP core and low-power ARM® Cortex™-R4F processors and on-chip memory. The evaluation board includes onboard emulation for programming and debugging, as well as onboard buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple user interface.
A 5-V 2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel plug (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.
- Obstacle Detection Sensor (ODS) - Overview including software
- Single-chip solution with DSP integration and 1.5 MB of on-chip RAM
- Range: up to 15 m
- Resolution: 4 cm
- Azimuth: ±70 degrees
- Elevation: ±40 degrees
- Micro USB cable (#3025010-03)
- Mounting brackets with Bumpon™ (#36-625-ND, SJ-5012)
- M3-size screws (#9027A146)
- M3-size nuts (#90631A007 )
- Jumpers (#3M9580-ND)