Bluetooth Low Energy software stack BLE-STACK (ACTIVE)
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
|ACTIVE||v2.2.3||07-Aug-2019||BLE-STACK v2.2.3 is Bluetooth 5.1 qualified for CC2640/CC2650 using same Bluetooth 4.2 defined features as previous 2.2.x releases|
|ACTIVE||v1.5.0||18-APR-2019||BLE-STACK is Bluetooth 5.0 qualified for CC2540/CC2541 using same Bluetooth 4.0 defined features as previous 1.4.x release.|
- CC2540/41 Bluetooth Low Energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. H)
(PDF 5642 KB)
17 Apr 2019
- CC2640/CC2650 Bluetooth low energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. E)
(PDF 5174 KB)
14 Mar 2018
BLE-STACK for CC26xx and CC13xx SimpleLink™ wireless MCUs
Texas Instruments royalty-free BLE-Stack software development kit (SDK) for TI’s SimpleLink™ Bluetooth® Low Energy family of ARM® Cortex®-M3 based wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) including the SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2642R wireless MCU, SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU, SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F-Q1 wireless MCU, SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640 wireless MCU, SimpleLink multi-standard CC2650 wireless MCU, SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCU, SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352P wireless MCU and SimpleLink dual band CC1350 wireless MCU provides full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 and Bluetooth 5 certified stacks that includes all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) applications.
For an overview of TI’s Bluetooth Low Energy solutions, including information on how to select which SimpleLink wireless MCU is best for your Bluetooth Low Energy application, please visit http://www.ti.com/ble.
To download the latest BLE-Stack SDK version, select the version above corresponding to your device or development kit.
- Bluetooth 5 support for 2 Mbps High Speed Mode, Long range Mode (LE coded PHY), Advertising Extensions (AE), Privacy 1.2.1 and Channel Selection Algorithm #2. (BLE5-Stack only)
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Device Firmware Upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for up to 8 simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support on the CC2650 remote control kit.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Broad selection of development and Internet of Things (IoT) prototyping kits, including CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit, CC2650 LaunchPad development kit, CC1350 LaunchPad development kit, CC2650 SensorTag kit, CC2650 voice remote control kit and CC2650 Module BoosterPack.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time for Bluetooth 4.2.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM® and Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
Bluetooth 5.0 / 5.1 support for CC2640R2F
The SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) software stacks for developing single-mode Bluetooth LE applications on the Arm® Cortex®-M3 based SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU and automotive qualified SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F-Q1 wireless MCU. These Bluetooth LE protocol stacks include all necessary software, example applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth Low Energy applications. This SDK includes two Bluetooth qualified protocol stack components; one for developing with advanced Bluetooth 5 (BLE5-Stack) features, and one for memory-optimized Bluetooth 5.1 applications (BLE-Stack, using features defined by the Bluetooth 4.2 specification). Both stacks support embedded and network processor configurations and are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.2 and earlier Bluetooth specifications. Refer to the included SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
BLE-Stack 2.2.3 for CC2640 and CC2650 (Bluetooth 5.1)
This release is a maintenance update to the previous BLE-Stack 2.2.2 software and updates the Bluetooth qualification to version 5.1 (using LE features defined by the Bluetooth 4.2 specification and supported by previous BLE-Stack 2.2.x releases). This BLE-Stack 2.2.x SDK supports customers using TI’s CC2640 and CC2650 Bluetooth Low Energy wireless MCUs and is backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.2 and earlier Bluetooth specifications. The BLE-Stack 2.2.x SDK is also supported on the following TI development kits including: TI’s SimpleLink SensorTag kit (CC2650STK), SimpleLink CC2650 LaunchPad™ development kit (LAUNCHXL-CC2650) and SimpleLink CC2650 remote control development kit (CC2650RC).
All code generated from the BLE-Stack 2.2.x SDK is binary compatible and exchangeable with both the CC2640 and CC2650 wireless MCUs in the same device package configuration. Development kits that feature the CC2650 wireless MCU can be used for development and prototyping of CC2640-based designs. Refer to the release notes for details on how to install and get started developing applications with the BLE-Stack 2.2.3 SDK. Learn Bluetooth Low Energy basics and custom profile development with SimpleLink academy for CC2640/CC2650, TI’s self-guided learning program with step-by-step guides, theory of operation and interactive quizzes.
BLE-STACK 1.5.0 for CC2540 and CC2541
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth® Low Energy BLE-Stack™ 1.5.0 software development kit (SDK) for the CC2540 and CC2541 wireless MCUs provides a Bluetooth 5.0 qualified software protocol stack that includes all necessary software to get started on the development of single-mode and network processor Bluetooth Low Energy applications. The BLE-Stack 1.5.0 SDK is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s CC2540/41 Bluetooth Low Energy system-on-chip (SoC) family and supports development kits such as the CC2541 mini development kit and CC2540 evaluation module kit. Application development with this SDK is enabled by IAR Embedded Workbench for 8051.
BLE-Stack 1.5.0 is a maintenance release and provides most up-to-date and robust Bluetooth 5.0 SW protocol stack while maintaining the same Bluetooth 4.0 defined feature set and API capability to the previous BLE-Stack 1.4.2 release. It is strongly recommended that all ongoing and new development projects update to BLE-Stack 1.5.0 release. For further details on this update, see the release notes and migratoin guide in the BLE-Stack 1.5.0 SDK installation folder.
BLE-Stack 1.5.0 includes protocol stack libraries supporting all BLE GAP roles including peripheral, central with multiple connections, broadcaster (beacon) and observer. The SDK also contains example applications covering an extensive set of Bluetooth GATT profiles with correspoinding reference source code, and BTool, a Windows® PC application for testing BLE applications wirelessly. In addition to the software, the SDK contains a full set of documentation, including a software developer’s guide, API reference, sample applications guide and an Over-the-Air Download (OAD) guide for enabling wireless firmaware updates.
The SmartRF Packet Sniffer is a free and easy to use tool for analyzing the packets sent over a Bluetooth Low Energy link. Use the CC2540 USB dongle or a SmartRF05EB + CC2540EM (included in the CC2540DK) to capture the packets. The tool is available here.
Texas Instruments also works with Perytons to provide an advanced protocol analyzer for Bluetooth Low Energy. The Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer (Peryton-Smart) supports the TI’s CC2540 USB Dongle which can be ordered as the CC2540EMK-USB kit. Perytons provides protocol analyzers with several views, features and add-ons, providing detailed analysis of Bluetooth Low Energy sessions. You can also use the Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer to look at your TI SmartRF Packet Sniffer BLE capture files (.psd) with this online converter.
Please see www.ti.com/ble-qualification for information and guides on qualifying your Bluetooth Low Energy product.
TI recommends using the newest release in order to take advantages of all improvements and new features. Previous BLE-Stack releases can be found here.