Stepper Motor BoosterPack featuring DRV8711 and CSD88537ND
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- BOOST-DRV8711 User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 3309 KB)
12 Jun 2019
The BOOST-DRV8711 is 8-52V, 4.5A, bipolar stepper motor drive stage based on the DRV8711 Stepper Motor Pre-driver and CSD88537ND Dual N-Channel NexFETTM Power MOSFET. The module contains everything needed to drive many different kinds of bipolar stepper motors and can also be repurposed as a dual brushed DC motor driver. The BOOST-DRV8711 is ideal for those wishing to learn more about stepper motor control techniques and drive stage design. This kit was designed to be compatible with all TI LaunchPads following the LaunchPad Pinout Standard, with primary software/firmware support being provided for the MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad with a MSP430G2553.
- 8-52V supply input with up to 4.5A continuous output current from each H-bridge
- Built in 1/256-step microstepping indexer for ultra-smooth movement
- SPI interface for driver settings and status reporting
- Complete stepper motor drive stage in ultra-small form factor (1.75” x 2.00”)
- Fully protected drive stage including overcurrent, overtemperature, and under voltage protection