Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack
The Digital Power Basic Training Kit provides an introductory platform for learning the basics of digital power control. When paired with the LaunchPad, this BoosterPack enables a full buck converter control system controlled by the C2000™ TMS320F28069 microcontroller. The buck converter power stage supports dynamic loads and converts an external 9V DC power supply to a configurable DC output voltage.
The Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack is supported by the C2000 Microcontroller family’s Digital Power software called powerSUITE. powerSUITE is a breakthrough set of tools that simplify design and help maximize performance of digital power supplies.
All of the design files and relevant code examples for the Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack are included for free in the C2000 MCU family’s controlSUITE™ software suite.
The following are needed to get started with the Buck Converter BoosterPack:
- The Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack
- A C2000™ Piccolo™ F28069M LaunchPad
- The latest versions of software for
- An external DC Power Supply rated for 9V, 2A output
- Watch the out-of-the-box demonstration video (also seen below)
Also see our video series on our Digital Power BoosterPack and powerSUITE - Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000
- Single buck converter power stage using voltage mode control
- Accepts 9V, 2A DC input supply
- Regulated DC output voltage (default 2V DC)
- Software-controlled dynamic load
- Compatible with the F28069M LaunchPad
- Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Code examples and design files are included in controlSUITE
- Supported by powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000TM MCUs
- Hardware Files are in controlSUITE at development_kits\BOOSTXL_BUCKCONV
- Digital Power Buck Converter BoosterPack PCB
- Quick Start Guide
NOTE: External 9V, 2A DC power supply and F28069M LaunchPad required
So you want to get started experimenting with Digital Power?
Purchase the BoosterPack and Launchpad, Download the necessary software: CCS,controlSUITE and powerSUITE, Obtain an external power supply (9V, 2A), Watch the out-of-the-box demo video.