bq25505 Ultra Low Power Harvester Power Management IC with Boost Charger Evaluation Module BQ25505EVM-218 (ACTIVE)
The bq25505 evaluation module (EVM) is a complete module for evaluating the bq25505 energy harvesting charger for storage elements like single-cell LiIon/Polymer batteries or super-capacitors. Intended to be powered by high impedance supplies, such as solar panels, thermo-electric generators (TEGs) or piezoelectric generators, the bq25505 regulates its input voltage so that it will not collapse its input source while charging the storage element up to a set voltage point. A power good output indicates when the charger output reaches a user set level. The bq25505 has an integrated multiplexor that switches the system power between a primary (typically non-rechargeable) battery and secondary (typically rechargeable) battery or supercapacitor based on the power good signal. With minimal changes, the EVM can also be configured as an ultra-low power boost converter, regulating the output voltage from a low impedance source.
- Programmable input voltage regulation setting via jumpers or resistors
- Programmable output voltage maximum setting via resistors (currently 4.2V)
- Programmable power good (BAT_OK) voltage setting via resistors (currently 3.0V)
- Multiple connectors and test points available
- Efficiency Boost Converter Charger