BQ27425EVM-G2A System-Side Impedance Track Fuel (Gas) Gauge Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The BQ27425EVM-G2A evaluation module is a complete evaluation system for the bq27425-G2A. The EVM includes one bq27425-G2A circuit module with an integrated current-sense resistor. A separated orderable EV2400 PC interface board for gas gauge interface along with a PC USB cable, and Windows™-based PC software is needed when using this EVM. The circuit module includes one bq27425-G2A integrated circuit and all other onboard components necessary to monitor and predict capacity for a system-side fuel gauge solution. The circuit module connects directly across the battery pack. With the EV2400 interface board and software, the user can:
- Read the bq27425 data registers.
- Program the chipset for different configurations.
- Log cycling data for further evaluation.
- Evaluate the overall functionality of the bq27425 solution under different charge and discharge conditions.
The latest Windows™ – based PC software can be downloaded from the product folder on the Texas Instruments Web site.
- Single series cell Li-Ion battery fuel gauge
- Resides on system board
- Supports embedded or removable batteries
- Powered directly from battery with integrated LDO
- Low-value integrated sense resistor (10 mΩ Typical)
- Easy to configure fuel gauging based on patented Impedance Track technology
- Reports Remaining Capacity and State of Charge (SOC) with Smoothing Filter
- Automatically adjusts for battery aging, self-discharge, temperature, and rate changes
- Battery State of Health (aging) estimation
- Microcontroller peripheral supports:
- 400-kHz I2C serial interface
- Configurable SOC Interrupt, or Battery Low digital output warning
- Internal temperature sensor, or Host reported temperature
- 15-pin 2,69 × 1,75 mm, 0.5 mm pitch CSP package