DAC3482 Dual-Channel, 16-Bit, 1.25-GSPS Digital-to-Analog Converter Evaluation Module DAC3482EVM (ACTIVE)
The DAC3482EVM is a circuit board that allows designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments' two-channel, ultra-low power, 16-bit, 1.25 GSPS DAC3482 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with 16-bit or 8-bit wide DDR LVDS data input, integrated 2x/4x/8x/16x interpolation filters, 32-bit NCO and PLL, and exceptional linearity at high IFs. The EVM provides a flexible environment to test the DAC3482 under a variety of clock and data input, and IF output conditions. For ease of use as a complete IF transmitter solution, the DAC34842VM includes the Texas Instruments CDCE62005 clock generator/jitter cleaner for clocking the DAC3482. Besides providing a high-quality, low jitter DAC sampling clock to the DAC3482, the CDCE62005 also provides FPGA clocks to the TSW1400EVM (or TSW3100EVM) as FPGA reference clocks.
The EVM can be used along with TSW1400 (or TSW3100) to perform a wide range of tests and measurements. The TSW1400 (or TSW3100) generates the test patterns which are fed to the DAC3482 through a 1.25 GSPS LVDS port. The on-board CDCE62005 can be used to synchronize the TSW1400 (or TSW3100) board to DAC3482EVM.
The DAC3482EVM is also compatible with Xilinx and Altera based FPGA EVMs and design kits for rapid evaluation and prototyping. The DAC3482EVM includes an HSMC input for direct connection to HSMC compatible Altera based FPGA EVMs. The FMC-DAC-ADAPTER board available from TI enables the connection of the DAC3482EVM to the FMC header on Xilinx based EVMs.
- Comprehensive test capability for the DAC3482
- Direct connection to TSW1400/TSW3100 signal generator
- Includes CDCE62005 for clock generation or jitter cleaning
- Software support with a full featured GUI for easy testing and prototyping
- FMC-DAC-Adapter card compatible to connect with FMC interconnect headers available Xilinx based FPGA EVMs
- Direct compatibility with HSMC headers on Altera based FPGA EVMs