DAC38RF86 Dual-Channel, 14-Bit, 9-GSPS, 6x-24x Interpolating, 9 GHz GSM PLL DAC Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- DAC38RF8xEVM User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 5086 KB)
24 Mar 2017
The DAC38RF86 evaluation module (EVM) is the circuit board for evaluating DAC38RF86 digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The EVM can be used to evaluate the performance of the DAC up to 9-GSPS sampling rate and is designed to work with the TSW14J56EVM (Rev B and up). The available FMC connector also makes it possible to interface the DAC to an FPGA development board from third-party vendors. Also available is an easy-to-use software interface to control the DAC and onboard LMK04828 clock chip via SPI.
- Allows evaluation of DAC38RF86 or DAC38RF96 up to 9-GSPS sampling rate
- Supports up to 12.5-Gbps SerDes signaling rate across FMC
- Two on-chip PLLs with superior phase noise to simplify system clock generation; also supports external clock mode
- AC-coupled output with integrated impedance transformer (DAC38RF86) for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion
- Easy-to-use software interface and data pattern generation tools