DLP® LightCrafter 6500 Evaluation Module
- DLP LightCrafter 6500 and 9000 EVM User's Guide (Rev. D)
(PDF 7735 KB)
05 Mar 2019
The DLP® LightCrafter™ 6500 is a high performance, yet flexible evaluation module for incorporating DLP technology into a wide variety light steering applications. This EVM is an easy path for those developing solutions requiring high resolution, optical throughput and brightness at a competitive price point.
At the heart of DLP LightCrafter 6500 is a DLP chipset comprising of:
- DLP6500FYE - Digital Micro-mirror Device (DMD)
- DLPC900 - DMD digital controller
The DLP6500FYE offers true HD resolution, 1920 x 1080, or over 2 million programmable micromirrors.
The DLPC900 enables impressive pattern rates up to 9,523Hz. These high rates enable real time 3D machine vision measurements, faster 3D printing builds, and more accurate digital light exposures with competitive cycle times in industrial markets. DLPC900 also offers designers maximum flexibility to format and sequence light patterns, which can easily be controlled via the graphical user interface.
The DLP LightCrafter 6500 allows for a configurable input/output trigger for convenient synchronization with cameras, sensors, or other peripheral devices. The added flexibility enables diverse architectures for industrial, medical, security, telecom, and instrumentation applications.
Power supply sold separately: Digi-Key part number DPS53.
For faster development and reduced time to market check out the 3rd party system and optical modules linked below:
- Display images or video up to 1080p resolution (1920x1080 array)
- High speed patterns using the DLPC900
- Up to 9,523 Hz binary pattern rate
- Up to 247 Hz 8-bit grayscale pattern rate
- 2 Configurable I/O trigger for synchronizing with cameras, sensors, or other peripherals
- USB 1.1, HDMI and I2C interfaces
- USB-based API and host GUI
- Flex Cable connection to remote DMD board for easier optical/mechanical interface
- DLPC900 generates control signals to DLP6500FYE
- Supports data transfer up to 20 Gbps
- Provides high speed 2xLVDS data and control interface
- DLPC900 drives mirror reset and timing information to the DLP6500
- Main EVM controller board dimensions: 145mm (5.7 in) x125mm (4.9in)
DLP LightCrafter 6500 EVM Reference Design: The reference design includes schematics, Gerber layout files, and bill of materials for the DLP LightCrafter 6500.
- DLP LightCrafter 6500 Reference Design- Windows (Active) - Version 1.2 (09/2016)
- DLP6500FYE DMD
- DLPC900 digital controller
- DMD controller board
- DMD remote board
- Flex cable