DRV8350S three-phase smart gate driver evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- DRV8350x-EVM User’s Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 17045 KB)
19 Dec 2018
The DRV8350S-EVM is a 15A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8350S gate driver and CSD19532Q5B NexFET™ power blocks.
The module has individual DC bus and phase voltage sense as well as an external, individual low-side current shunt amplifier, making this evaluation module ideal for sensorless BLDC algorithms. The module supplies MCU 3.3V and 5V power blocks from a 12 V, 0.35A step down buck regulator. The driver can be configured in split rail and single rail power solutions. The drive stage has IDRIVE configuration, along with a fault pin and protection for short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under voltage conditions through configurable SPI. The EVM has an entire USB to MCU environment to program and evaluate the EVM using available trapezoidal drive firmware and GUI.
- 12- to 95-V operation
- 15 A continuous / 20 A peak H-bridge output current
- Complete evaluation module with hall sensor connection along with programmable MSP430F5529
- One individual, external low-side current shunt amplifiers
- Trapezoidal sensored and sensorless BLDC firmware available
- Hardware interface to configure IDRIVE, MODE, VDS monitoring, and GAIN