MSP430AFE253 embedded metering (sub-meter) EVM
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
This embedded metering (sub-meter/e-meter) EVM is designed based on the MSP430AFE253. The EVM can be connected to the mains (or to DC) and the load directly. The EVM measures the electrical parameters of the load and the result of measurement can be read from the UART port. This EVM provided with built-in power supply and isolated serial connect to facilitate user quick start to the evaluation of the MSP430AFE253 in embedded metering application.
- It measures root mean square voltage, root mean square current, active power, reactive power, apparent power, power factor, AC frequency,
- Readings are updated every 4 AC cycles or 80ms in case of DC input
- It is capable of AC and DC measurement while it can switch between AC and DC measurement mode automatically
- It has the ability of doing EMI filter capacitor and wire resistance compensation
- No separate DC calibration is required, all calibration is done with AC input
- A 14 pin debugger connector allows direct interface to MSP-FET430UIF without the need of an adaptor
- Built-in isolated RS232 external communication interface for reading measurements and performing calibration
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Guideline
- Terms and Disclaimer
- Disc containing software and user guide