FDC1004EVM - 4 Channel Capacitive to Digital Converter Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- FDC1004 User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 3211 KB)
20 Oct 2016
The FDC1004 evaluation module is used to evaluate the FDC1004, 4-channel capacitive-to-digital converter. The evaluation modules features a breakable PCB composed of three sections: a USB to I²C converter based on the MSP430F5528 microcontroller, the FDC1004, and two sensor electrodes to demonstrate the sensitivity of the FDC1004. The sensor can be removed and replaced with custom sensors designed for your specific application, and the evaluation module's GUI can be used to configure the FDC1004 registers and display the measured capacitive values in four separate graphs.
- The capacitive sensing sample code (Energia) for example software
- (Optional) Explore the capacitive-sensor-based liquid level sensing reference design to learn about designing your own solution using the FDC1004
- Additional resources for this EVM can be found on the FDC1004 technical documents page
- Multiple board perforations provide maximum evaluation and system design flexibility
- EVM does not require additional components for operation, enabling rapid device evaluation
- Accompanying GUI for quick concept demonstration and data capture