FDC2114 with Two Capacitive Sensors Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- FDC2114 and FDC2214 EVM User’s Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 4314 KB)
14 Sep 2016
The FDC2114 evaluation module demonstrates capacitive sensing technology to detect the presence of a conductive or non-conductive target. The evaluation module includes two PCB capacitive sensors that connect to two of the four channels of the FDC2114. An MSP430 microcontroller is used to interface the FDC2114 to a host computer. This module is designed to provide the user with maximum flexibility for system prototyping, and it is perforated in two locations:
- Between the PCB capacitive sensor and the FDC2114
- Between the FDC2114 and the MSP430 interface
The first perforation gives the user the option to snap off the capacitive sensor from the module and experiment with custom sensor designs, and the second perforation allows the user to connect the FDC2114 and capacitive sensor to a different microcontroller system or use multiple sensors in one system. An accompanying GUI allows for maximum flexibility and quick system prototyping.
Step 1: Purchase the FDC2114EVM
Step 2: Download the FDC2114EVM user's guide and sensing solutions EVM GUI
Step 3: Build you custom hardware solution and write your firmware with reference firmware included in the sensing solutions GUI download
- Multiple board perforations provide maximum evaluation and system design flexibility
- Includes two sample PCB capacitive sensors for two of the four channels
- Accompanying GUI for quick concept demonstration and data capture
- EVM does not require additional components for operation, enabling rapid device evaluation