Grace – Graphical Peripheral Configuration Tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
||ACTIVE||v2.2.0.00006||16-Dec-2013||A GUI-based peripheral configuration tool that generates fully commented C code.|
For more information, visit the Grace Wiki
Fully harness MSP430 MCUs integrated analog and digital peripherals with GraceSoftware
Enable and configure ADCs, DACs, timers, clocks, serial communication interfaces and more, by interacting with buttons, drop-down menus, and text fields. Navigate through the MSP430 MCUs highly integrated peripheral set with ease.
Specific MSP430 devices supported in the latest release are:
- MSP430FR57xx/58xx/59xx Devices
- MSP430G2xx Value Line Devices
- MSP430F2xx Devices
Stand-alone program or seamless integration into TI's eclipse-based Code Composer Studio software
Grace software generates easy-to-understand C code, which is directly inserted into your active project. This seamless integration into the integrated development environment (IDE) allows the Grace generated code to be debugged and downloaded into your MSP430 microcontroller just as if it was handwritten. Grace is also available as a stand-alone tool to support other IDEs, such as IAR Embedded Workbench.
- GUI-based configuration tool for setting up ADCs, OpAmps, Timers, Clocks, GPIO, Comparators, Serial Communication, and other MSP430 peripherals.
- Generates easy-to-understand C code that properly configures your device
- Compatible with LaunchPad and most eZ430 tools
- Grace tooltips offer helpful popups and hints for properly configuring your MSP430 device
- Minimizes any configuration conflicts or collisions between multiple peripherals
For Code Composer Studio 6.x Users
- Grace 3 is available to any MSP430 user who has installed Code Composer 6.x. Once you have installed CCS 6, you will see an option to download the Grace 3 beta via the CCS App Center. Be aware that you will need to click on the App Center's “See more >>” link. Installing from the App Center will also update any needed dependent components, such as XDCTools and DriverLib.
For Code Composer Studio 5.x Users
- Grace 2.0 is a pre-installed plugin in CCS version 5.3 and later and is included by default with the MSP430 package. If you don't have it already, download and install Code Composer Studio 5.3 from here: http://www.ti.com/ccs You can check which version of Grace you have by finding the Grace icon in the Help->About Code Composer Studio menu in CCS.
- If you have an existing installation of CCSv5.3: Please run the latest CCS installer again and select the components you want to have installed. You can also use the Install new software function of Eclipse.
For IAR Embedded Workbench Users
- For those developing in development environments other than CCS, especially for IAR users, a stand-a-lone version of Grace is also provided. Downloaded it from the Grace product folder.
- For those using IAR, check out How do I use Grace-generated files with IAR Embedded Workbench?
Questions? Feedback? Please use the MSP430 section of the E2E forum at www.ti.com/gracefeedback to contact us!