SimpleLink™ CC2650 wireless MCU LaunchPad™ Development Kit
NOTE: The CC2650 LaunchPad kit supports evaluation of:
- CC2640 Bluetooth® low energy wireless MCU
- CC2630 ZigBee/6LoWPAN wireless MCU
- CC2620 ZigBee RF4CE wireless MCU
- CC2650 Multi-standard wireless MCU
TI recommends the new SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 LaunchPad development kit supporting the CC2640R2F Bluetooth low energy (BLE) wireless MCU for new BLE development.
Take your LaunchPad™ development kit to the cloud with the SimpleLink™ CC2650 wireless microcontroller (MCU) LaunchPad kit.
The CC2650 LaunchPad kit brings easy Bluetooth low energy connectivity to the LaunchPad kit ecosystem with the SimpleLink ultra-low power CC26xx family of devices. This LaunchPad kit also supports development for multi-protocol support for the SimpleLink multi-standard CC2650 wireless MCU and the rest of CC26xx family of products: CC2630 wireless MCU for ZigBee®/6LoWPAN and CC2640 wireless MCU for Bluetooth® low energy.
The CC2650 wireless MCU contains a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 processor that runs at 48 MHz as the main microcontroller and a rich peripheral feature set that includes a unique ultra-low power sensor controller. This sensor controller was created for interfacing external sensors and for collecting analog and digital data autonomously while the rest of the system is in sleep mode.
The CC2650 LaunchPad kit supports programming and debugging from Code Composer Studio™ and IAR Embedded Workbench® integrated development environments (IDEs).
Ready to take your application development to the next level? Save time and production cost by quickly prototyping your system with the LaunchPad kit I/O connectors that allow for quick interfacing to a variety of evaluation modules (EVMs) and BoosterPack™ plug-in modules. Develop your Internet of Things (IoT) software application on the CC2650 LaunchPad kit using the TI BLE-Stack™ Software Development Kit (SDK) featuring a royalty-free Bluetooth 4.1 certified software stack. A Bluetooth low energy user’s guide for the LaunchPad kit is available on the Bluetooth low energy wiki with instructions for building the most popular sample applications on the CC2650 LaunchPad kit.
Note: Revision 1.1 PCB is not able to support over-the-air updates with the firmware programmed from the factory. Go to dev.ti.com/launchxl-cc2650 to upgrade your LaunchPad with the latest firmware.
The LAUNCHXL-CC2650 is not supported in the Energia ecosystem.
- Connect your LaunchPad kit to the cloud with Bluetooth low energy on your smartphone
- Access all I/O signals with the BoosterPack plug-in modules I/O interface
- On-board emulator with a USB serial port gets you started with instant code development
- Upgrade the LaunchPad kit firmware over-the-air from the SimpleLink Starter app
- Code Composer Studio IDE full license included
- Includes 1 MB external Flash for support of multiple protocols or storing user data
- Up to 5 dBm output power
- Optional Sharp® Memory LCD BoosterPack plug-in module support