C2000 Piccolo MCU F28027 LaunchPad™ development kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
This C2000 LaunchPad is currently restricted from shipment to Europe. Please see LAUNCHXL-F28027F, LAUNCHXL-F28069M, LAUNCHXL-F280049C, or LAUNCHXL-F28379D for C2000 LaunchPads which can be shipped to Europe.
- LAUNCHXL-F28027 C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Quick Start Guide
(PDF 5204 KB)
17 Jul 2012
- LAUNCHXL-F28027 C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad experimenter kit (Rev. C)
(PDF 409 KB)
20 Mar 2019
LAUNCHXL-F28027 is a low cost evaluation and development tool for the F2802x series in the TI MCU LaunchPad ecosystem which is compatible with various plug-on BoosterPacks. The LaunchPad provides a standardized and easy to use platform to use while developing your next application.
- USB connected isolated XDS100 JTAG debug probe for real-time debug and flash programming
- 2x 20-pin headers/connectors with access to all device pins
- Programmable buttons and LEDs
- Superset TMS320F28027: 60 MHz C28x CPU, 64 KB Flash, 8 PWM Channels, 12-bit ADC, capture interface, UART, SPI, and more
- Hardware Files are in C2000Ware at boards\LaunchPads\LAUNCHXL_F28027
- Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE for device drivers and example projects
- MathWorks Embedded Target Support
- Install Code Composer Studio IDE and controlSUITE
- Connect the LaunchPad using the included mini-USB cable to a computer
- Open a serial terminal program of your choice (Putty, HyperTerm, etc.) and configure it to access the LaunchPad virtual COM port with 115200 Baud, 8-bit data, No parity, and single stop Bit. The COM port number can be found by opening your computer’s Device Manager
- Ensure that the XDS200v2’s second port is a serial port. Refer to the XDS100 Wiki for the configuration details
- Ensure that S4 is in the UP position to enabled the USB<->UART channel
- When connected to your computer, the device’s internal temperature sensor is sampled to establish a reference temperature and GPIO3 LED is lit in the nibble wide LED display (8 in hexadecimal)
- Any increase or decrease in temperature is displayed as an increment or decrement of this binary display
- The serial terminal will display the latest temperature reading
- Build and load other examples in controlSUITE
- Ask questions on the TI C2000 e2e forum
- Piccolo F28027 LaunchPad
- Mini USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Get to Know C2000 Microcontrollers
C2000 MCUs enable uncompromising performance for various real-time control applications like motor control, digital power supplies, and solar.
Like the LaunchPad? Upgrade it with InstaSPIN!
- The same LaunchPad you love
- Now InstaSPIN-FOC enabled for motor applications
- 24V/10A Booster Pack