LM25180 PSR flyback quickstart design tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
Welcome to the LM25180 quickstart design tool. This standalone tool facilitates and assists the power supply engineer with the design of a DC/DC flyback regulator based on the LM25180 PSR flyback converter. As such, the user can expeditiously arrive at an optimized design to meet the application requirements.
- Select transformer parameters including turns ratio and mag inductance
- Determine input and output capacitances for specified ripple requirements (1% Vout and 5% Vin)
- Select components for feedback, soft-start, input UVLO, and temperature compensation
- Advise components (usually optional) for SW voltage clamp and flyback diode snubber
- Optimize the design using efficiency and solution size as key performance metrics
- Inspect converter efficiency and switching frequency over load and line
- Analyze efficiency based on selected component parameters
- Review auto-generated schematic and BOM list