High Voltage Monolithic Two-Switch Forward DC-DC Converter Evaluation Board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5015 Non-Isolated Two-Switch DC-DC Regulator Evaluation Board (Rev. A)
(PDF 342 KB)
30 Apr 2013
The LM5015 Non-Isolated DC-DC Regulator evaluation board provides a low cost and fully functional DC-DC regulator without employing any discrete power MOSFET. The evaluation board can be configured as either a Non-Isolated Two-Switch Forward DC-DC Regulator, or a Two-Switch Flyback DC-DC Regulator. The factory default configuration of the evaluation board is Forward topology. The former configuration will produce about 2% higher efficiency and lower output ripple voltage than the flyback. Whereas, the Flyback configuration costs slightly less. Suggestion to reconfigure the evaluation board as an Non-Isolated Two-Switch Flyback DC-DC Regulator is provided at the end of this article.
- Input voltage: 36V to 72V
- Isolated output voltage: 5V
- Output current: 0A minimum, 2.5A nominal, and 3A maximum
- Input UVLO threshold: 34V nominal
- Measured efficiency: 86% (VIN = 48V, IOUT = 2.5A)
- Switching frequency: 300 kHz
- Ability to synchronize to external clock
- Ability to be remote controlled (enable/disable)
- Two layer PC board and top side component placement configurable as either a forward (factory default) or a flyback regulator
- Board size (WxLxH): 2.5 in. x 3.5 in. x 0.63 in