Wide VIN PSR flyback converter single-output evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5180-Q1 Single-Output EVM User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 993 KB)
12 Apr 2019
The LM5180EVM-S05 evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5180 PSR flyback converter with wide input voltage range. The design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 10 V to 65 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 1% setpoint accuracy and currents up to 1A. Operating without an auxililary winding or opto-coupler, the LM5180 provides very tight output voltage regulation, better than 1%. The LM5180 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the regulator during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation duing voltage-sag conditions, programmable soft-start to reduce inrsuh current, hiccup-mode overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. Precision enable and output voltage thermal compensation features are also provided.
- 10-V to 65-V input voltage range
- 5-V output voltage with 1% setpoint accuracy
- Rated for up to 1 A of load current
- Resistor divider to EN/UVLO to faciltate programmable input voltage UVLO
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with small footprint