Network synchronizer clock evaluation module LMK05318EVM (ACTIVE)
The LMK05318EVM is an evaluation module for the LMK05318 Network Synchronizer Clock device.
The EVM can be used as a flexible, synchronous clock source for rapid evaluation, compliance testing, and system prototyping. SMA ports provide access to the LMK05318 clock inputs and outputs for interfacing to 50-Ω test equipment. Onboard XO options are included, but can be reworked using the various XO/TCXO/OCXO footprint options or else bypassed to use the external SMA input.
The LMK05318EVM provides a USB-based interface to access the I2C/SPI bus and control pins of the LMK05318.
The TICS PRO software GUI can be used to program the LMK05318's registers and EEPROM to store custom start-up clock settings.
- One Digital PLL (DPLL) with programmable bandwidths and Two Fractional Analog PLLs (APLLs) for Flexible Clock Generation
- Two reference inputs to the DPLL supporting hitless switching & holdover
- Eight output clocks with 50-fs RMS phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- On-chip EEPROM for custom start-up clock configurations
- Flexible oscillator sources: onboard XOs or external SMA input options
- USB interface supports I2C/SPI control register access and general-purpose input pin control