19GHz Wideband RF Synthesizer With Phase Synchronization and JESD204B Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LMX2595 EVM Instructions – 19-GHz Wideband Low Noise PLL With Integrated VCO (Rev. A)
(PDF 1659 KB)
17 Sep 2019
This Evaluation Module is for the LMX2595, which is the first PLL with integrated VCO in industry to get fundamental VCO output up to 15 GHz and up to 19 GHz with a doubler. The industry leading PLL FOM is -236 dBc/Hz with 1/f of -129 dBc/Hz. This device supports JESD204B standard (it can generate or repeat the SYSREF signal) which makes it ideal to clock high speed data converters. The integrated jitter from the EVM measurements is less than 50 fs at 9 GHz carrier frequency. By providing a SYNC signal, the user can synchronize the output phase across multiple LMX2595 devices. LMX2595 can also generate a frequency ramp which can be demonstrated in this evaluation module. With an on-board oscillator, setup process only requires a 3.3V power supply and an included Refernce Pro module (For SPI Programming interface). The software is simple, with an intuitive and user friendly GUI.
- 10 -MHz to 19-GHz Output Frequency
- -110 dBc/Hz Phase Noise at 100 kHz Offset with 15 GHz Carrier
- 45-fs rms Jitter at 7.5GHz (100 Hz to 100 MHz)
- Two differential outputs with programmable output power up to 7 dBm at 15 GHz
- This EVM has the complete circuit for the synthesizer, optimized and tested for performance, and includes a USB programming module