3A SIMPLE SWITCHER® Power Module with 36V Maximum Input Voltage Evaluation Board LMZ23603EVAL (ACTIVE)
- AN-2085 LMZ23605/03, LMZ22005/03 Evaluation Board (Rev. B)
(PDF 7341 KB)
24 Apr 2013
The LMZ23605/03, LMZ22005/03 evaluation boards are designed to be an easy-to-use platform to evaluate the full capabilities of this family of SIMPLE SWITCHER® power modules. The PCB construction has excellent thermal performance and includes extra locations for optional components that may not be required in the end application.
The LMZ23605/03 can accept an input voltage rail between 6V and 36V and the LMZ22005/03 can accept an input voltage rail between 6V and 20V. The devices can deliver an adjustable and highly accurate output voltage as low as 0.8V and as high as 6V. The control architecture is constant frequency PWM with emulated current mode sensing. The control loop operates well with low ESR output capacitors such as ceramics or specialty polymer. The precision enable input allows for programmable UVLO on the input supply or flexibility in sequencing. The external soft-start capacitor facilitates controlled output rise time at startup. The module family is a reliable and robust solution with cycle-by-cycle valley current limit to protect for over current or short-circuit faults. Additionally there is thermal shutdown protection, and they will start up into a pre-biased output. The free-running switching frequency is 812 kHz (typ) and a 650 kHz to 950 kHz synchronization range is supported.
- VIN = 6V to 36V
- LMZ22005/03 limited to 20V
- Enable UVLO = 5.7V
- VOUT = 3.3V
- IOUT = 0 to 5A
- LMZ23603 and LMZ22003 limited to 3A
- θJA = 12°C / W, θJC = 1.9°C/W
- PCB designed on four layers
- Inner are 2 oz
- Outer are 3oz.
- Measures 3.5 in. x 3.5 in. (8.9 cm x 8.9 cm)
- 62mil (.062 inch) thick of FR4 laminate material
- Max ambient temp of 70°C at full 5A load
- measured at 12 VIN
- LMZ23603 3A SIMPLE SWITCHER Power Module with 36V Maximum Input Voltage Evaluation Board