LV04EVK01 Evaluation Kit LV04EVK01 (ACTIVE)
- LV04EVK01 Channel Link to Channel Link II Converter Evaluation Kit
(PDF 294 KB)
01 Feb 2012
The LV04EVK01 is an evaluation kit designed to demonstrate performance and capabilities of the DS92LV0421 and DS92LV0422 Channel Link II Serializer/Deserializer chipset.
The DS92LV0421 serializer board accepts LVDS input signals and provides a single serialized Channel Link II CML data pair as an output. The DS92LV0422 deserializer board accepts the CML serialized data stream and converts the data back into parallel LVDS signals. A USB cable is provided as a generic medium for the high speed data link. Jumpers and switches on the boards can be configured for evaluation of chipset features such as pre-emphasis, equalization, SSCG and backward compatibility. An I2C interface provides an alternative method to configure features of the serializer and deserializer.
- One serializer board with the DS92LV0421
- One deserializer board with the DS92LV0422
- One 2-meter USB 2.0 Hi-SPEED cable assembly
- Evaluation kit documentation
What the user needs to provide
- A 24-bit data bus and clock source with LVDS outputs - for example a video generator
- A data error checker or display with LVDS inputs - for example an LCD panel and interface from the deserializer board to the panel itself, or test equipment
- Power supply for both boards