Protocol software for MIOTY technology
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
A MIOTY gateway has to be acquired through a third-party as the MIOTY hardware bundle (MIOTY-HW-BDL) does not contain a gateway. Visit the MIOTY store MIOTY store to purchase a Diehl gateway.
- MIOTY® Demo Software Quick Start Guide
(PDF 980 KB)
28 Feb 2020
To get started evaluating MIOTY® protocol software with the LaunchPad SensorTag kit:
- Buy the MIOTY protocol software hardware bundle (MIOTY-HW-BDL)
- Download the MIOTY protocol software
- (Optional) If you don’t have a MIOTY gateway, buy a MIOTY gateway from a 3rd party vendor.
- Contact Diehl Connectivity, a 3rd party manufacturer, for commercial MIOTY gateway solutions.
- Download the MIOTY® Demo Software Quick Start Guide
MIOTY technology is a new low-power wide-area network (LPWAN) solution, and is a true standardized technology based on ETSI 103 357. MIOTY achieves long range with Sub-1 GHz communication, and offers robust networks due to its innovative telegram splitting. It is also capable of scaling to thousands of devices on a single base station. Target applications are ultra-low power sensor devices, such as metering and environmental/industrial monitoring. These sensor devices can have a battery lifetime beyond 10 years in a MIOTY network.
Learn more about the MIOTY standard at www.mioty-alliance.com
What does TI provide to help designers?
Hardware platforms that support MIOTY standard:
- CC1352R SimpleLink™ multi-band wireless MCU - The CC1352R product is a multiprotocol and multi-band Sub-1 GHz and 2.4-GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) targeting Thread, Zigbee®, Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), proprietary systems, including the SimpleLink TI 15.4-Stack (Sub-1 GHz and 2.4 GHz), and concurrent multiprotocol through a Dynamic Multiprotocol Manager (DMM) driver.
- CC1310 SimpleLink sub-1 GHz ultra-low power wireless MCU - Achieve long range with over 10 years of battery life on a coin cell battery. The CC1310 product is an ultra-low power Sub-1 GHz wireless MCU with an Arm® Cortex-M3 application core, an Arm Cortex-M0 for radio functions, and a proprietary 16-bit sensor controller core for ultra-low power operation.
- CC1312R SimpleLink sub-1 GHz wireless MCU - The CC1312R product is a multiprotocol Sub-1 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) targeting IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), proprietary systems, including the SimpleLink TI 15.4-Stack (Sub-1 GHz). The product is optimized for low-power wireless communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, smart meters, and medical markets.
Software solutions for MIOTY:
- MIOTY protocol software application binary - The MIOTY protocol software from TI is using the SimpleLink multi-band SimpleLink multi band CC1352R wireless MCU Launchpad™ SensorTag kit (LPSTK-CC1352R) to showcase MIOTY connectivity. The MIOTY protocol software includes demo software from TI, which measures sensor data and transmits the data to a MIOTY gateway. The TI LaunchPad SensorTag kit includes four on-board ultra-low power sensors: temperature and humidity, hall effect, accelerometer and ambient light.
- MIOTY protocol stack from Stackforce GmbH - For customers who want to shorten their development cycle and develop MIOTY networks, TI has partnered with Stackforce who provides a production ready MIOTY stack for MIOTY development. This is a full software solution based on the SimpleLink wireless MCU ecosystem, supporting the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz and dual-band wireless MCUs.
- Learn more at stackforce.de/en/products/software/mioty-stack
- MIOTY uplink at 868 MHz
- API interface for integration of the MIOTY stack into own application
- Ultra-low power in standby