MSP430FR2355 LaunchPad™ development kit
- MSP430FR2355 LaunchPad™ Development Kit (MSP-EXP430FR2355) User's Guide
(PDF 3289 KB)
01 May 2018
The MSP-EXP430FR2355 LaunchPad™ Development Kit is an easy-to-use evaluation module (EVM) based on the MSP430FR2355 Value Line microcontroller (MCU). It contains everything needed to start developing on the ultra-low-power MSP430FR2x Value Line MCU platform, including on-board debug probe for programming, debugging and energy measurements. The board includes 2 buttons and 2 LEDs for creating a simple user interface. It also has an ambient light sensor and connector for external analog sources.
The MSP430FR2355 MCU includes a smart analog combo of configurable signal chain elements including options for multiple 12-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs) and programmable gain amplifiers (PGAs) along with a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and two enhanced comparators (eCOMPs). One of the out-of-box demos includes a GUI to showcase some of the smart analog combo configurations.
The 24MHz MSP430FR2355 device features 32KB of embedded FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory), a non-volatile memory known for its ultra-low power, high endurance, and high-speed write access. Combined with the 4KB of on-chip SRAM, users have access to 32KB of memory to split between their program and data as required. For example, a data logging application may require a large data memory with a relatively small program memory, so the memory may be allocated as required between program and data memory.
- ULP FRAM technology based on the MSP430FR2355 16-bit MCU with smart analog combo
- On-board eZ-FET debug probe with EnergyTrace Technology available for ultra-low-power debugging
- 40-pin LaunchPad headers to leverage the BoosterPack ecosystem
- 2 buttons and 2 LEDs for user interaction
- On-board ambient light sensor
- On-board Grove module interface to add external sensors, actuators and more