28-pin Target Development Board and MSP-FET USB Programmer Bundle for MSP430F1x and MSP430F2x MCUs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- MSP430 Hardware Tools User's Guide (Rev. AE)
(PDF 8156 KB)
01 Nov 2018
In April 2008, the MSP-FET430U28 was updated to include a PW (TSSOP) socket target board. Please note that older documentation may still refer to the original DW (SOIC) socket.
The MSP-FET430U28 is a powerful flash emulation tool that includes the hardware and software required to quickly begin application development on the MSP430 MCU. It includes a ZIF socket target board and a USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) used to program and debug the MSP430 in-system through the JTAG interface or the pin saving Spy Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) protocol. The flash memory can be erased and programmed in seconds with only a few keystrokes, and since the MSP430 flash is ultra-low power, no external power supply is required.
Device Support: The MSP-FET430U28 development board supports MSP430F11x1, MSP430F11x2, MSP430F12x, MSP430F12x2 and MSP430F21xx MCUs in a 28-pin SOIC package (TI package code: DW).
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) connects a flash-based MSP430 MCU to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Technical specifications:
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
- Development board with a ZIF socket fitting MSP430 derivatives in 20- or 28-pin TSSOP (PW) packages includes an LED indicator, JTAG adapter, and header pin-outs for prototyping
- One USB debugging interface (MSP-FET)
- One Target board (MSP-TS430PW28)
- MSP430 Flash Devices (2): MSP430F2132IPW
- Microcrystal MS1V-T1K 32.768kHz crystal, C(Load) = 12.5pF
- Four PCB 1x14-pin headers (two male and two female)