80-pin Target Development Board and MSP-FET Programmer Bundle for MSP430F2x and MSP430F4x MCUs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- MSP430 Hardware Tools User's Guide (Rev. AE)
(PDF 8156 KB)
01 Nov 2018
The MSP-FET430U80 is a powerful flash emulation tool that includes the hardware and software required to quickly begin application development on the MSP430 MCU. It includes a ZIF socket target board and a USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) used to program and debug the MSP430 in-system through the JTAG interface or the pin saving Spy Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) protocol. The flash memory can be erased and programmed in seconds with only a few keystrokes, and since the MSP430 flash is ultra-low power, no external power supply is required.
The debugging tool interfaces the MSP430 to the included integrated software environment and includes code to start your design immediately.
Device Support: The MSP-FET430U80 development board supports MSP430F241x, MSP430F261x, MSP430F43x, MSP430F43x1, MSP430FG43x, MSP430F47x and MSP430FG47x MCUs in an 80-pin LQFP package (TI package code: PN).
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) connects a flash-based MSP430 MCU to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Technical specifications:
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
- Development board with a ZIF socket fitting MSP430 derivatives in 80-pin LQFP (PN) packages includes an LED indicator, JTAG adapter, and header pin-outs for prototyping
[ What's Included Text ]
- MSP-FET - MSP430 Emulation Tool
- Development board with 80-pin LQFP (PN) ZIF socket (MSP-TS430PN80)
- MSP430 Flash Devices (2): MSP430FG439IPN
- Microcrystal MS1V-T1K 32.768kHz crystal, C(Load) = 7pF
- Eight PCB 1x20-pin headers (four male and four female)