PMBus Software Library for MSP MCUs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The MSP Power Management Bus (PMBus) Embedded Software Library is a free C library for enabling PMBus master implementation on MSP microcontrollers that have our eUSCI/USCI serial communication peripheral. In addition, the library has supports for additional features:
- Alert response (for host notification in the presence of fault)
- Control line (for turning the slave device on/off).
- Packet Error Checking (PEC)
- Full C-code library for PMBus master implementation
- High-level function calls following PMBus 1.2 specification
- PMBus library code example for IAR® Embedded Workbench and Code Composer Studio (CCS)
- Basic PMBus communication
- PMBus with SMALERT
- PMBus with device on/off through CONTROL line