MSP430 USB Developers Package MSP430USBDEVPACK (ACTIVE)
Note: This software is available as part of MSPWare. If you have downloaded and installed the latest version of MSPWare, then you already have this USB software development package.
The USB Developers Package for MSP430 is a software package containing all necessary source code and sample applications required for developing a USB-based MSP430 project. The package only supports MSP430 USB devices.
- MSP430 API Code Stacks - Contains all necessary API's and examples to get started with USB development, using the CDC (Communications Device Class), HID (Human Interface Device) and MSC (Mass Storage Class) classes. The USB API also supports composite devices where a single physical device contains multiple USB interfaces. For example, a USB device may be a CDC+HID+MSC composite.
- USB Descriptor Tool - A code generation tool that quickly configures the USB API stack for any combination of USB interfaces (single or composite), including descriptor generation – simply run the Tool and begin writing applications. It saves the developer's time and reduces the chance for errors.
- USB Field Firmware Updater - Applications that upgrade MSP430 firmware in the field, using the MSP430's on-chip USB bootstrap loader (BSL). A Visual Studio application and a Python based application are included for this purpose.
- Java HID Demo - An application enabling communication between a PC application and an MSP430-based device running the MSP430 HID API stack. It enables HID to be used for general-purpose USB communication, rather than being limited to mice and keyboards.
Now with New Features
- New Python-based firmware upgrader for Windows and Linux
- BSD licensed
- Improved examples, documentation, and navigation
- New simple Rx/Tx examples using DriverLib, easily configured to work with MSP430 USB LaunchPad, MSP430F5529 USB Experimenter's Board, and FET target boards
- Updated Programmers Guide and Examples Guide
- TI Resource Explorer interface updates makes getting started even simpler
- Improved Directory structure
- Improved Descriptor Tool
- Bolder and clearer GUI
- Interface views improved to reflect functionality
- Manipulation of views simplified
Each software package has an accompanying application note documentation that is separate from this package. Follow the links below to view the application note.