View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Power Management Reference Design for a Wearable Device with Wireless Charging (Rev. A)
(PDF 6579 KB)
14 Apr 2016 1,348 views
Wearable devices require advanced power management to achieve long battery run times with always-on functionality. Additionally, the devices need to use small rechargeable batteries and enable small footprint designs. This application note shows the implementation of a scalable power management solution for wearables that can be tailored for activity monitors or smart watches. The design provides a wireless charging input, highly configurable battery management solution with Li-Ion battery charger and low quiescent current (Iq) DC/DC buck, boost converter for PMOLED display, boost converter for Heart Rate Monitor (HRM), and second configurable low Iq DC/DC buck.
- Wireless charging for ease of use
- Configurable charger and system power management
- Boosts for display and heart rate monitor
- Second buck for radio or dual core MCU